As a Director of Operations at Theta Lake, you will be responsible for all aspects of ensuring that Theta Lake’s cloud-based products are available, secure, consistent, manageable and cost efficient. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to:
● Manage our infrastructure as code. We use terraform and ansible.
● Manage linux systems and cloud assets in AWS and Azure.
● Participate in a 24/7 call rotation and eventually manage it and design all the processes around it.
● Research, recommend, deploy and manage tools that assist in ensuring the availability, security, consistency, manageability and cost efficiency of our product infrastructure.
● Participate in and eventually own the operations and engineering processes that are audited as part of our SOC2 Type 2 certification. (We have been certified since 2019)
● Plan and maintain continuous delivery, coordinate hotfixes and feature releases.
● Use your knowledge of AWS and Azure to assist engineering in planning feature development.
● In conjunction with Support, assist in responding to customer issues by collecting information for the Support team to communicate to customers and for the Engineering team to use to make fixes.
● Eventually hire and manage a small team of operations engineers.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs in a fast-paced environment where the management overhead is low, and taking the initiative is encouraged and valued.
This position reports directly to the CTO and co-founder. If you are interested in founding a software company some day, this is an unparalleled opportunity to work closely with people who know how to do it.
The individual in this position will also have the opportunity to grow with the company. As we get bigger, you will have opportunities to continue increasing your leadership scope.
Unfortunately, we can’t sponsor any visas at this time.
Theta Lake is a venture-backed startup focused on extracting insights from electronic communications of all kinds – video, audio, documents, chat, etc – for enterprises that need to manage the risk and compliance of those communications. We are taking the latest techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence and applying them to the explosion in communications over cloud-based unified collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom and more.
Read more: https://thetalake.com/
We are a group of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who have been successful before and are looking to do it again. Theta Lake does not discriminate and welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Location and How to Apply
Anywhere in the USA with good internet service. Theta Lake’s headquarters are in Santa Barbara, California, so relocation there is available if you are interested.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance and other benefits.
Things We Have (and hope you do too)
● Love of software engineering. Passion for the craft.
● Prior professional operations experience on a cloud based product on AWS or Azure. Deep technical understanding of one of those platforms and preferably both.
● Excellent linux shell scripting and system management skills.
● General understanding of the security principles of cloud-based products: penetration testing, attack surfaces, threat modeling, vulnerability management, incident response.
● Experience participating in, and opinions on the best practices for, 24/7 monitoring and on call rotations.
● Knowledge of operations tool chains like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc, and a general understanding of infrastructure as code.
● The desire to be a leader in a small team. The ability and willingness to wear any hat on an engineering team to get the job done.
● Experience with software processes in a multi-developer environment: requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
● Experience troubleshooting and debugging production in a 24/7 uptime environment.