Full Stack Engineer Ruby
As a Full Stack Engineer at Theta Lake, you will be responsible for designing usable features and writing high quality code, and ushering them all the way from concept to production. You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs in a fastpaced environment where the management overhead is low, and taking the initiative is encouraged and valued. You will report directly to the CTO.
Theta Lake is a venturebacked startup focused on extracting insights from video and audio to assist regulated industries in meeting their compliance obligations. We believe there is a unique opportunity to combine the explosion in video conferencing platforms with the emergence of machine learning and artificial intelligence to finally make video a viable tool for companies that are legally required to govern communications.
Read more: http://thetalake.com/
We are a group of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who have been successful before and are looking to do it again. Theta Lake does not discriminate and welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Location and How to Apply
Santa Barbara, California.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance and other benefits.
Things We Have (and hope you do too)
● Love of software engineering. Passion for the craft. Love of the game.
● Professional software engineering experience building and shipping commercial
software with a team of engineers, preferably in a multitenant,
cloud delivery model.
Things We Need (and hope you have or are ready to learn)
● Mastery of at least one web application framework from this list: Ruby on Rails,
Django, ASP.NET, Spring; or a well thought out argument for a framework that is not on that list but should be.
● Deep experience with at least one single page browser framework : Angular, React, Vue, Ember; or a well thought out argument for a framework that is not on that list but should be.
● A dedication to unit testing and code coverage.
● Understanding of browser compatibility and functionality and the ability to explain the functional differences between the major browsers.
● Demonstrable understanding of the Linux server environment : networking, processes, threads, signals, command line.
● Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, and how to design their schema and interact with them.
● Experience with software processes in a multideveloper environment: requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
● Understanding of machine learning concepts , especially the difficulties in integrating models into products.
● Experience with video conferencing and content : streaming, processing, formats,
tools (like ffmpeg).
● Experience troubleshooting and debugging production in a 24/7 uptime environment.