As a Full Stack Engineer at Theta Lake, you will be responsible for designing usable features and writing high quality code, and ushering them all the way from concept to production. You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs to find creative solutions to tough problems where the management overhead is low and taking the initiative is encouraged and valued. You will report directly to the Director of Engineering for the frontend team.
Theta Lake is a venture-backed startup focused on extracting insights from electronic communications (video, audio, chat, email) to assist regulated industries in meeting their compliance obligations. We believe there is a unique opportunity to combine the explosion in collaboration platforms with the emergence of machine learning and artificial intelligence to finally provide a comprehensive security and governance program to enterprises that are legally required to govern communications.
Read more: https://thetalake.com/
Theta Lake was founded as a remote first company, with employees collaborating across three continents. Theta Lake welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Location and How to Apply
United States (CA, NV, TX, IL, NY, NJ, MA, VA, NC, TN, FL) or United Kingdom
We cannot sponsor visas at this time. Please do not apply if you are on an F1/OPT, H1B or other visa.
To apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance, 401(k) and other benefits.
We have these characteristics and like to work with people who do too:
- Love of software engineering. Passion for building things.
- Professional software engineering experience building and shipping commercial software with a team of engineers, preferably in a multi-tenant, cloud delivery model.
We’re excited if you also have some of these skills (or are ready to learn):
- Mastery of at least one web application framework from this list: Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET, Spring; or a well thought out argument for a framework that is not on that list but should be.
- Deep experience with at least one single page browser framework: Angular, React, Vue, Ember; or a well thought out argument for a framework that is not on that list but should be.
- A dedication to unit testing and code coverage.
- Understanding of browser compatibility and functionality and the ability to explain the functional differences between the major browsers.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Linux server environment: networking, processes, threads, signals, command line.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, and how to design their schema and interact with them.
- Experience with software processes in a multi-developer environment: requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, especially the difficulties in integrating models into products.
- Experience with video conferencing and content: streaming, processing, formats, tools (like ffmpeg).
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging production in a 24/7 uptime environment.