As a Senior Software Engineer at Theta Lake, you will be responsible for writing high quality code and ushering it all the way from concept to production. You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs in a fastpaced
environment where the management overhead is low and taking the initiative is encouraged and valued. You will report directly to the CTO.
Theta Lake is a venturebacked startup focused on extracting insights from video and audio to assist regulated industries in meeting their compliance obligations. We believe there is a unique opportunity to combine the explosion in video conferencing platforms with the emergence of machine learning and artificial intelligence to finally make video a viable tool for companies that are legally required to govern communications.
We are a group of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who have been successful before and are looking to do it again. Theta Lake does not discriminate and welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Read more: https://thetalake.com/
Location and How to Apply
Santa Barbara, California.
To apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance and other benefits.
Things We Have (and hope you do too)
- Love of software engineering. Passion for the craft. Love of the game.
- Professional software engineering experience building and shipping commercial software with a team of engineers, preferably in a multitenant, cloud delivery model.
Things We Need (and hope you have or are ready to learn)
- Mastery of at least one language from this list: Golang, C/C++, Java; or a well thought out argument for a language that is not on that list but should be.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Linux server environment : networking, processes, threads, signals, command line.
- Experience deploying, designing for and integrating with the AWS and Azure cloud environments : queues, storage, autoscaling, databases, roles and authentication, including deployment tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, and how to design their schema and interact with them.
- Some familiarity with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark and Presto.
- Experience with software processes in a multideveloper environment : requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts , especially the difficulties in integrating models into products.
- Experience with video conferencing and content : streaming, processing, formats, tools (like ffmpeg).
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging production in a 24/7 uptime environment.