As a Cloud Ops Engineer at Theta Lake, you will be responsible for ensuring that Theta Lake’s cloud-based products are available, secure, consistent, manageable and cost efficient. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to:
- Manage our infrastructure as code. We use terraform and ansible.
- Manage linux systems and cloud assets in AWS and Azure.
- Participate in a 24/7 call rotation and eventually manage it and design all the processes around it.
- Research, recommend, deploy and manage tools that assist in ensuring the availability, security, consistency, manageability and cost efficiency of our product infrastructure.
- Participate in the operations and engineering processes that are audited as part of our SOC2 Type 2 certification. (We have been certified since 2019)
- Plan and maintain continuous delivery, coordinate hotfixes and feature releases.
- Use your knowledge of AWS and Azure to assist engineering in planning feature development.
- In conjunction with Support, assist in responding to customer issues by collecting information for the Support team to communicate to customers and for the Engineering team to use to make fixes.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs to find creative solutions to tough problems where the management overhead is low and taking the initiative is encouraged and valued.
Theta Lake is a venture-backed startup focused on extracting insights from electronic communications of all kinds – video, audio, documents, chat, etc – for enterprises that need to manage the risk and compliance of those communications. We are taking the latest techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence and applying them to the explosion in communications over cloud-based unified collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom and more.
Read more: https://thetalake.com/
Theta Lake was founded as a remote first company, with employees collaborating across three continents. Theta Lake welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Location and How to Apply
United States (CA, NV, TX, IL, NY, NJ, MA, VA, NC, TN, UT, WA, FL) or United Kingdom
We cannot sponsor visas at this time. Please do not apply if you are on an F1/OPT, H1B or other visa.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance and other benefits.
We have these characteristics and like to work with people who do too:
- Love of software engineering. Passion for building things.
- Prior professional operations experience on a cloud based product on AWS or Azure. Deep technical understanding of one of those platforms.
- Excellent linux shell scripting and system management skills.
We’re excited if you also have some of these skills (or are ready to learn):
- General understanding of the security principles of cloud-based products: penetration testing, attack surfaces, threat modeling, vulnerability management, incident response.
- Experience participating in, and opinions on the best practices for, 24/7 monitoring and on call rotations.
- Knowledge of operations tool chains like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc, and a general understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience with software processes in a multi-developer environment: requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging production in a 24/7 uptime environment.