Sales Development Representative (SDR) Team Lead
Theta Lake is looking for a highly motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) Team Lead to add to its growing sales organization. They will be responsible for driving Theta Lake’s future growth engine by working with Demand Gen and the Account Executive team to build Theta Lake’s sales pipeline. In the future, this position will have the added responsibility of managing an SDR team.
In this position, your responsibilities will include generating new opportunities, managing inbound sales inquiries, following up on marketing campaigns, collaborating with our sales team to enhance our pipeline, and managing and training other SDRs as the team grows. We are looking for a player/coach as doing the underlying work is fundamental to understanding the Outbound role at Theta Lake and will facilitate the management of the team. This role offers a chance to make an immediate impact with corresponding rewards.
Seeking candidates with a proven track record of competitiveness, intellectual curiosity, being proactive, achieving goals, motivating others to be successful, and leading by example.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Partner Managers on a unified Account Prospecting Strategy to find and qualify leads for your sales counterparts.
- Develop knowledge of Theta Lake product offerings and market
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Build a sales/lead pipeline with qualified opportunities through outbound activities, including email, calling, LinkedIn messages, and video messages
- Maintain consistency in hitting individual and team activity prospecting goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Partner with Sales Ops, Marketing, and Sales to refine, provide feedback, and maintain a business development playbook with processes and best practices such as sales sequence, sales pitches, call scripts, email templates, and qualification tactics to ensure efficiency and consistent conveyance of our current messaging.
- Manage and train SDR team in the future as the team grows. Support your team in reaching their goals by delivering ongoing sales training and developing their skills
Theta Lake is backed by leading venture capital, including Battery, Lightspeed, and Neotribe, and UC vendors including, Zoom, RingCentral, Webex by Cisco, and Salesforce. Theta Lake’s multi-award winning product suite provides patented compliance and security for modern collaboration platforms, utilizing more than 100 frictionless partner integrations that include Zoom, RingCentral, Microsoft Teams, Webex by Cisco, Slack, Asana, Movius, Mural, and more. Theta Lake uniquely solves these compliance challenges of Capture, Unified Search, and Proactive Compliance across eComms (text-based), aComms (voice), vComms (video and images), and more.
Read more: https://thetalake.com/
Location and How to Apply
- Santa Barbara, CA
- We cannot sponsor visas at this time. Please do not apply if you are on a visa for the US.
- To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be completed by Human Resources
$50,000/year to $100,000/year + commission + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, location and market conditions. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Theta Lake offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), and health and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
We have these characteristics and like to work with people who do too:
- Passion for technology
- Bring energy, motivation, and a positive attitude to the team by offering encouragement and leading by example, ensuring the team reaches their monthly targets.
- Highly competitive, achievement-oriented, motivated, and driven to exceed goals
- Willingness to try new concepts and open to coaching
- Driven to hunt for new business opportunities and build a strong sales pipeline
- Strong desire to move up in other sales functions at Theta Lake
We’re most excited if you also have some of these skills (or are ready to learn):
- 2+ years of experience in sales or business development, preferably in the software/technology industry.
- Proven track record of success in outbound prospecting, lead generation, or inside sales.
- Previous experience in a Team Lead or Managerial role, with a strong ability to motivate and develop teams, is a plus.
- Strong phone presence, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience using Hubspot, Salesforce, SalesLoft, Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Google Apps is a plus
- BA/BS Degree Preferred