Join an expert and experienced team building a next generation platform for enterprise security and compliance for video, voice, and chat collaboration tools. As the Senior Technology Counsel, you’ll work on cutting edge legal issues related to artificial intelligence, cloud computing, remote work, and the use of collaboration tools like Zoom, Webex, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
Theta Lake seeks to hire a Senior Technology Counsel to support legal and compliance initiatives to support the adoption and growth of our AI-enabled Security and Compliance Suite. The Senior Technology Counsel will be responsible for managing enterprise agreement drafting and negotiation, oversight of processes related to our SOC 2, Type 2 certification, and providing technology-related legal advice to internal stakeholders. The Senior Technology Counsel will report to the General Counsel.
This position is remote and open to candidates in the U.S.
- Review and negotiate a variety of agreements including MSAs, NDAs, partnership agreements, recruiting agreements, and other commercial contracts.
- Advise our sales, engineering, marketing, product, and partnership teams on legal issues affecting our business and our customers such as cloud computing, SaaS, artificial intelligence, privacy, and security.
- Coordinate security and compliance processes related to our SOC 2, Type 2 certification such as policy drafting, training, and oversight of quarterly testing.
- Be a subject matter expert in emerging technology-related legal issues. Develop internal and external whitepapers, briefs, and other written materials.
- Work on various other matters—some legal, some not.
- J.D. or LL.B. from accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law and in good standing in the U.S.
- 4 – 5 years of relevant legal experience (e.g., technology department of law firm, in-house legal department in financial services, or in-house in an enterprise technology company or startup).
- Outstanding contract drafting and negotiating skills.
- A passion for technology and learning new things.
- Pragmatic mindset towards protecting the company from risk while enabling growth and innovation.
- Strong writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and responsiveness.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while having good judgment to escalate significant matters.
- Knowledge of technology-related financial services regulations a is plus (e.g., SEC Rule 17a-4, FINRA Advertising and Supervision Rules, NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, FCA MiFID II) as is familiarity with PCI-DSS testing and standards.
Theta Lake is a venture-backed startup focused on extracting insights from video and audio to assist regulated industries in meeting their compliance obligations. We believe there is a unique opportunity to combine the explosion in video conferencing platforms with the emergence of machine learning and artificial intelligence to finally make video a viable tool for companies that are required to supervise communications.
We are a group of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who have been successful before and are looking to do it again. Theta Lake does not discriminate and welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
To learn more about Theta Lake, click here.