Theta Lake is looking for a diligent Staff Accountant responsible for accurately handling day-to-day accounting processes and financial information as well as helping implement scalable systems and processes as the company grows. You will work with teams across the company to help to manage flow of documents and information and assist with reporting to the management.
What You’ll Do:
- Record financial transactions through multiple sources including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank activity, credit cards, and payroll
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Assisting with the monthly financial close, including entering journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and maintaining supporting schedules
- Supporting preparing consolidated financial reports through the collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Collaborate with department managers on expenses, budget, and overall spending
- Assist in the creation of management reports, both recurring and ad-hoc.
- Process expense reports (Abacus) and Travel management (TripActions) and help carry out company policies
- Ensuring collection of Form W-9 and preparing Form 1099 filings
- Provide supporting reports and documentation for tax preparation and SOC II audits.
- Assisting in the development or improvement of internal controls and corporate procedures
- Assist with the implementation of new systems
Who you are:
- Proven working experience as an accountant
- 2+ years of GL/Payroll/AP accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of US accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with supporting month-end/year-end close processes
- Expert at creating financial statements
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail—accuracy is critical in this role
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong sense of diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive & confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Ability to calmly manage multiple competing priorities and receive direction/feedback from multiple team members
Location and How to Apply
Santa Barbara, CA.
To apply, please contact us at email@example.com