Santa Barbara, CA—June 12, 2020—Theta Lake, Inc., the collaboration risk and compliance management company that helps organizations scale their risk detection in modern collaboration platforms, extends its best-in-market coverage for Microsoft Teams with the addition of audio and video recording capabilities and recording partner integrations to offer the industry’s first platform providing compliance and risk mitigation coverage for all aspects of Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft has seen accelerated adoption of Microsoft Teams with the strategic value it provides to improve employee and business performance, which reached a new milestone in April of 75 million daily active users. For organizations to fully embrace and benefit from Teams, they need the ability to use all of its collaboration features—group, one-to-one chat, whiteboards, document sharing, voice calling, and video meetings. When businesses use these rich communication mediums, they also need the oversight to ensure that compliance, confidential data loss, and misconduct risks are alleviated.
With the new expansion to its Compliance Suite platform, Theta Lake empowers Microsoft Teams’ customers to align their safety, risk, and compliance requirements by providing complete supervision, retention, and risk detection coverage for all aspects of Teams, including:
• Chat: team, group, and one-to-one chat, including analysis of all chat and shared content from files to rich media*
• Online Meetings: risk detection for all aspects, including screen and file shares, voice, whiteboard during video conferences, live events, and audio conferences
• Native Recording: options for audio and video meetings with follow-the-employee recording and capture regardless of the meeting host
• Recording Partner Integrations: allows Theta Lake to work in a best-of-breed configuration with access to Teams recordings from leading capture platforms, such as Red Box, when Theta Lake isn’t the recording tool. Organizations can then apply Theta Lake’s powerful detection and supervision capabilities for Teams recordings captured by their incumbent recording platform
“We are elated to continue deepening our partnership with Microsoft and bring this joint value to customers. Microsoft’s market-leading Teams technology coupled with our expertise in risk and compliance mitigation, creates an enterprise level solution that equips organizations to fully adopt the feature-rich communication options provided within Teams along with full security and compliance coverage for all aspects of Teams,” said Anthony Cresci, VP of Business Development & Operations, Theta Lake. “This allows organizations to unlock the ROI benefits gained from full featured collaboration usage with Teams, without the worry of unknown risks that might be occurring with that usage.”
Theta Lake’s seamless integration with Microsoft Teams provides automated risk detection, supervision, and real-time alerting to identify potential risks in what is shown, spoken, typed, and shared. The result allows organizations to go farther, faster with their Teams collaboration use while improving compliance and reducing liability and business risk.
• Full coverage, including follow-the-user recording enforcement where all chats and meetings can be captured for an organization’s employee—even if the meeting host and meeting are initiated by an external party who is not an employee of the organization
• Automated detection of compliance risks such as SEC’s Reg BI, FINRA’s communications with the public rules, FCA’s PRIIP KID requirements, and false, misleading, or inappropriate statements
• Ability to address DLP issues by identifying PII and sensitive information to comply with privacy and cybersecurity requirements of HIPAA, FERPA, GDPR, NYDFS, and CCPA
• Ability to identify security and behavior risks across spoken, written, and visual content, including abusive behavior, risky URLs, inappropriate images, and more
• Real-time Compliance Advisor that helps alter potentially risky end-user behavior in real-time with end-user compliance coaching and real-time enterprise compliance and risk reporting
• AI-enabled review workspace that guides risk and compliance staff through the review of Teams communications with smart workflow that routes the right content to the right risk and compliance teams for the right review steps to drive efficient and consistent supervision
• Built-in 17a-4-compliant electronic archive for capture, retention, and long-term management of all Microsoft Teams communications including voice, video, image, chat, document and other content for compliance and legal hold purposes
• Integration with existing third-party archive and eDiscovery tools including O365, Azure storage, and more for sharing all captured content, as well as Theta Lake analysis insights
The Theta Lake Compliance Suite is currently available with information on the Microsoft AppSource.
*Some features of the Graph API remain in Microsoft’s public beta, pre-general availability, and are available for testing and proof of concept.
For more specific information on the new Teams Recording features, visit:
About Theta Lake
Theta Lake, Inc., a two-time RegTech 100 company and Gartner 2019 Cool Vendor, was founded in 2017 by proven entrepreneurs and enterprise technologists with decades of leadership experience and recognition from Global 100 customers and top industry analysts. Theta Lake’s multi-patent pending AI helps compliance teams more effectively and quickly scale their compliance risk detection and the workflows for communication supervision of modern video, voice, and unified collaboration systems. The Theta Lake Compliance Suite is SOC 2, Type 2 compliant. Visit us at ThetaLake.com; LinkedIn; or Twitter at @thetalake.