As Senior NLP Engineer you’ll be a part of our Data Science team, building algorithms to extract insights from speech transcripts, OCR outputs, chat logs, and other conversation data. You’ll work on the entire pipeline, from data collection and modelling, to prototyping, coding and delivering to production, owning new projects from Day One.
Our experienced team is using a mix of methods, from string matching algorithms to machine learning with contextual embeddings.
Theta Lake is a venture backed startup focused on extracting insights from video and audio to assist regulated industries in meeting their compliance obligations. We believe there is a unique opportunity to combine the explosion in video conferencing platforms with the emergence of machine learning and artificial intelligence to finally make video a viable tool for companies that are legally required to govern communications.
We are a group of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who have been successful before and are looking to do it again. Theta Lake does not discriminate and welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Skills and Knowledge
We love language and hope you do, too! We’re curious about how people talk and fascinated by linguistic patterns. We also hope you have:
- 6+ years experience with classical and deep learning NLP techniques, with at least 3 years applying these techniques in industry setting.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a STEM field, Computational Linguistics an advantage.
- Familiarity with NLP methods, both classic (tf-idf, topic modeling) & modern (transformers, embeddings…)
- Experience with Python and its data science stack (some of: scikit-learn, pandas, NumPy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, spacy.io, gensim).
- Professional software engineering experience with software processes in a multideveloper environment: requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Fluency in English, familiarity with other languages a great plus!
Location and How to Apply
Remote from anywhere in the UK
To apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance and other benefits.