Theta Lake takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This policy explains what information we collect about you, what we use it for, and the few situations in which we share it with others.
Types of Personal Information
Theta Lake collects personal information in support of its product and services. This information may be collected from multiple sources, when you register and create your account, when you visit our website, if you request information form us through our contact form, when you contact us for help, when interacting as a customer or prospective customer, received from our partners or third party suppliers or when you attend conferences or webinars Theta Lake restricts use of this information to providing the service for which the customer has chosen.
The type of information that Theta Lake’s collects depends on the type of interaction, this information may include Contact and Log-in Information (name, employer, job title, email address, phone number, user name and passwords), Computer Information (IP address, browser, device), payment information, product and services selection and other things that identify you.
If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Use of your Personal Information
Theta Lake may use this information to:
- Deliver products or services, including software updates
- Provide customer support and manage customer relationship such as billing, service related information, technical notices
- Understand your interest and preferences in our products, services or content
- Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services
- Manage our business
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone or mobile devices around promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Theta Lake and our selected partners;
- Enforce our terms and conditions
Information we Process for Legitimate Business Purposes
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to consequences. One of the instances below must apply for us to process your personal information
- Provide our responsibilities as outlined in our contract and to provide services, support and tools to you
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- You have given consent to use your personal information, which may be withdrawn by opting out
Disclosure of Personal Information
Theta Lake works to protect your personal information and keep it confidential and secure. Theta Lake may share personal information with our business partners for marketing, advertising, product or services offerings. We may share personal information with companies that are affiliated with us or in the instance of a merger, joint venture or sales of all or part of its business as part of the transaction. We may share personal information with service providers that perform services for us. We disclose personal information if we have your consent, to comply with legal requirements, to provide you with products or services as requested or violations and/or suspected violations of our terms and policies.
Security of Your Personal Information
The storage and security of your personal information is very important to Theta Lake. We have appropriate procedures in place to help safeguard your personal information and protect it from unauthorized access. However, no company can provide perfect security.
Our Retention of Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In certain circumstances we may retain personal information after you have closed your account for legal purposes, provide information about our product and services, compliance purposes and record keeping.
In addition, if you are based in the EU and accessing our Sites, then you also have the right to ask us to:
- Validate whether personal information about you is being processed
- Request details about how we process personal information
- Correct, update or delete personal information that we maintain
- Withdraw your consent allowing us to process your personal information or restrict the way we process it
If you have questions or wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com and we will consider all requests and respond as soon as we can.
Third Party Data
- Channel Partners (including referral partners, distributors, resellers, third party sales agents, marketing companies, advertising agents and managed service providers) that we work with to help establish an account and provide services
- Integration Partners, digital conferencing platforms (e.g. Zoom, RingCentral) and content management systems (e.g. Vidyard, Videolicious), where we will process and retain audio recordings, video recordings, chat content, etc. for legal hold and regulatory requirements. Retention of digital content is based on an organization’s discretion and can continue even after the organization has ended its relationship (e.g. uninstall application) with said integration partner.
- Business partners that we engage with for joint marketing activities
- Companies that provide services for our website, such as analytics and marketing
Theta Lake shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Cookies and Web Beacons
EU-US Privacy Shield
Individuals have the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms, for additional information please visit, https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
Changes to the Privacy Statement
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Theta Lake commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Theta Lake at
firstname.lastname@example.org or Theta Lake Inc., 1221 Chapala St Suite 6, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101.
Theta Lake has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to EU data protection authorities, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the EU. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit EU data protection authorities for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU data protection authorities are provided at no cost to you.
Theta Lake commits to cooperate with the panel established by EU data protection authorities and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to data transferred from the EU.
Last Updated: January 31, 2020.