Retention and Compliance for Avaya Cloud Office
Theta Lake’s multi-patent pending AI helps compliance, legal, and risk teams more effectively and quickly scale their compliance risk controls to meet regulatory requirements from SEC, FINRA, MiFID II for business preservation and supervision of modern video, voice, chat, and unified collaboration systems.
Theta Lake’s Compliance & Risk Management Suite provides deep supervision and risk detection, eDiscovery, and SEC 17a-4 archiving features across all content types from Avaya Cloud Office, including audio, video, SMS, fax, voicemails, chat messages and content shared.
Regulated organizations are subject to regulations to preserve and supervise core business communications from Avaya Cloud Office, from SEC, FINRA, MiFID II, CFTC, and more. That is now compounded by privacy rules like GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act along with personal accountability regimes for compliance teams, which means compliance teams need to perform better surveillance on their unified communications.
Theta Lake’s purpose-built compliance suite for Unified Communications integrates next-gen AI to provide compliance, visibility, and supervision coverage across all types of communications, audio, video (audio and visual components), collaboration chat (messages and content shared), allowing organizations to align their regulatory, cybersecurity, privacy, and compliance requirements while empowering their workforce to collaborate remotely. Existing approaches have been inadequate, due to:
- Manual Review – Lacks scale and is costly
- Legacy Archiving and DLP Tools – Focused on text-based communication
- Transcription with Search Tools – Lacks accuracy, doesn’t cover visual content, takes too much time, costly
- Legal Hold – inability to set retention controls on new media types for case management processes
Simplify Compliance Review with AI Intelligence
Stay Compliant at Every Stage of the Review Process
Ensure employees are meeting quality standards as well as prevent leakage of sensitive information.
Identify misconduct or any behavior not consistent with regulations in large volumes of recordings.
Long-term, WORM compliant archive to comply with your organization’s specific retention requirements.
Better preserve content for litigation matters. Search for recordings based on policy detections, people, and keywords.
Expand Compliance Supervision
Theta Lake provides compliance for unified communications by detecting regulatory, corporate compliance, data leakage, privacy, PII, and acceptable use risks in what is said, shown, or shared. Theta Lake also provides directed workflows to add consistency, efficiency, and scale to the compliance review and supervision process, driving down the cost of compliance.
- 70+ built-in policies powered by Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep Learning automatically detect regulatory, conduct, and corporate compliance risks in voice, video, chat, SMS communications. Firms also have the ability to create company-specific policies.
SOC2 Type 2, 17a-4 Compliant Archive
- Capture and apply rule-based retention policies on Avaya Cloud Office voice and video recordings, collaboration chat messages, SMS, voicemail, and faxes along with rich eDiscovery capabilities within Theta Lake’s secure, WORM compliant archive.
WHY THETA LAKE?
Avaya Cloud Office + Theta Lake = Unified Communication Compliance
Streamline compliance and increase reviewer productivity
Save Time, Save Money
- Increased Supervision Scale: Review 100% of digital content with technology, plus workflow insights and automation.
- Time-Saving Workflows: AI drives review activity for non-technical reviewers to more easily, efficiently, and consistently deal with communication supervision.
Improved Compliance, Reduced Risk
- PII Redaction: Apply redaction to recordings with personal information, preventing leakage of PII.
- Time-Saving Reports: Detailed reports of avaya communications, including identified risks & workflow actions, give managers and auditors a clear understanding without having re-review.