Cloud Security Operations Engineer – AWS, Azure, SIEM, EDR, Scripting, SOC2
As a Cloud Security Ops Engineer at Theta Lake, you will be responsible for ensuring that Theta Lake’s cloud-based products are available, secure, consistent, manageable and cost efficient. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to:
- Be a catalyst for change – advocate for cloud-native solutions instead of building the same on-prem patterns in the cloud.
- Use industry best practices to ensure the security of our enterprise data.
- Document technical strategy, patterns and processes.
- Maintain, lead and challenge the security footprint to bring continuous advancement and maturity.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs to find creative solutions to tough problems where the management overhead is low and taking the initiative is encouraged and valued.
Theta Lake is a venture-backed startup focused on extracting insights from electronic communications of all kinds – video, audio, documents, chat, etc – for enterprises that need to manage the risk and compliance of those communications. We are taking the latest techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence and applying them to the explosion in communications over cloud-based unified collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom and more.
Read more: https://thetalake.com/
Theta Lake was founded as a remote first company, with employees collaborating across three continents. Theta Lake welcomes the contributions of all people from any background.
Location and How to Apply
We cannot sponsor visas at this time. Please do not apply if you are on an F1/OPT, H1B or other visa.
To apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
Market rate, depending on experience. Stock options. Insurance and other benefits.
We have these characteristics and like to work with people who do too:
- Love of software engineering. Passion for building things.
- Prior professional security operations experience on a cloud based product on AWS or Azure. Deep technical understanding of one of those platforms.
- Experience with cloud security configuration, container security, and application security understanding
- Working knowledge of Security Engineering or Operations (traditional security controls and technologies, such as antivirus, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, public key infrastructure) experience
We’re excited if you also have some of these skills (or are ready to learn):
- General understanding of the security principles of cloud-based products: penetration testing, attack surfaces, threat modeling, vulnerability management, incident response.
- Experience working with development and operations team architects and business teams to determine project requirements and security specifications early in the project life cycle.
- Knowledge of operations tool chains like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc, and a general understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Ideally demonstrated hands-on experience with security monitoring tools
- Experience with software processes in a multi-developer environment: requirements, demos, source code control (git), defect tracking (jira), estimation and planning, build, test automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging production in a 24/7 uptime environment.